Blue Lagoon Dolphin Close Encounter
- Guaranteed Interaction Time With the Dolphins
- Face-to-Face Encounter With Dolphins in Waist Deep Water
- Experience a Heart-Warming Kiss, Hug, and Dance and Opportunities to Pet the Dolphin
- Educational Presentation on the Biology of Dolphins
- Access to the Beautiful Beaches and Great Facilities of Blue Lagoon Island
- Professional Photography Team Present Throughout the Program (Photo Packages will be Available for Purchase After Your Program)
In the Dolphin Close Encounter Program, participants have the uncommon opportunity to personally engage with the smartest, most sociable of aquatic mammals, the Bottlenose Dolphin. Wade onto a submerged platform to encounter these animals in waist deep water.
The shallow water environment provides a hands-on experience with these gentle clowns without swimming in the lagoon. This is an ideal environment to introduce children to the delightful dolphins in a more comfortable setting.Cruise out to our amazing dolphin habitat on Salt Cay (better known as Blue Lagoon Island), just a quick scenic catamaran voyage from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal.
Only three miles from Paradise Island, our facilities include over three acres of dolphin habitat, training spaces and classrooms, a modern dietary preparation galley, photo and video labs, bathroom and locker rooms, and a souvenir shop.After an initial orientation that covers background, biology, social structures, diet, and animal training, it is time to interact with these remarkably friendly creatures.
You are sure to fall in love with these charming mammals as you engage in a dolphin kiss. Experience the dolphin's gentle disposition as you embrace one for a playful hug. Direct the dolphins to perform with some of your newly acquired knowledge from our trainers.Discover the amazingly complex manners of communication and sonar employed by these incredible marvels of the sea. Learn the secrets of animal training methods. Become aware about the preservation of this brilliant species and our supreme natural resource, the world's oceanographic ecosystem.
Our veteran trainers focus on allowing everyone to enjoy the maximum amount of engagement with the dolphins, and at the same time, teach you about these spectacular creatures. Our professional photographers and videographers will record your interaction so that you will have an opportunity to take home and share your encounter with family and friends.
What is the difference between the "Dolphin Encounter" and "Dolphin Swim" programs?
In the swim you are completely in the water with the dolphins, while in the encounter you interact with the dolphins from a waist-deep platform.
How much do you spend with each dolphin?
Each person is guaranteed between 5 - 8 minutes with the dolphins.
How large are the ferries?
The ferries are large double deck catamarans that can carry well over 100 passengers.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What Am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sun screen.
Is this tour handicap accessible?
We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Guests age 3 or younger participate for free, if accompanied by a responsible paying adult, with a ticket for the encounter. Parent or guardian must be at least 18 years of age
- Guests ages 4 through 12 may participate at full price & must be accompanied by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the encounter
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program
- We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs
- Cameras are NOT permitted while doing any dolphin or sea lion program. Observers only are permitted to have a camera.