Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter
- Closest Interaction With California Sea Lions!
- Learn All About the Majestic Sea Mammals
- Sea Lions Perform Interactive Behaviors With You
- Educational Presentation on the Biology of Sea Lions
- Education Presentation to Show How You Can Help With Efforts to Protect These Creatures and Other Endangered Marine Animals
In the Sea Lion Program, each guest can expect a unique experience that brings you closer to an California Sea Lions than you ever dreamed possible. Your program begins with a fun interactive orientation, briefly covering the natural history of Sea Lions, animal training techniques, ocean conservation and Watchable Wildlife Guidlelines.
Down on the Sea Lion encounter float, you will stand on a waist-deep submerged platform and you will experience a heart-warming kiss, a hug, a dance and opportunities to rub down the Sea Lion. Your Sea Lion trainer will combine elements of hands-on contact, education, fun, laughter, and adventure to make this an unforgettable experience.Our professional photo and video staff will be capturing your encounter on film so that you will have a chance to take home incredible souvenirs of your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
How much do you spend with each sea lion?
Each person is guaranteed between 5 - 8 minutes with the Sea Lions.
How large are the ferries?
The ferries are large double deck catamarans that can carry well over 100 passengers.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sunscreen.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- BLACKOUT DATE 2/14/19 Blue Lagoon is closed on this date.
- Guests 8 years and older OR 48 inches tall may participate in the Sea Lion Encounter
- Guests ages 8 to 12 must be accompanied by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the Sea Lion Encounter
- Guests must have the ability to go up and down ladders to access platform
- Pregnant women are not allowed in swim program
- We are not able to accommodate handicapped persons in the Sea Lion Encounter
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies
- Cameras are NOT permitted while doing any dolphin or sea lion program. Only observers are permitted to have a camera