Blue Lagoon Swim with the Dolphins
- Full 1/2 Hour Interactive Swim With the Dolphins
- Guaranteed to do the Famous Foot Push
- Learn a Variety of Dolphin Behaviors
- Educational Presentation Informs You About Dolphins
- Small Groups of 10 or Fewer
- Professional Photographer and Videographer Present at All Times
Our Dolphin Swim Program offers you the rare opportunity to actually personally interact with the friendliest, most intelligent of the marine mammals, the Bottlenose Dolphin. Venture out to our beautiful dolphin habitat on Salt Cay (better known as Blue Lagoon Island), just a short scenic cruise from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal.
Only three miles from Paradise Island, our naturalistic saltwater lagoons on Blue Lagoon Island cover over three acres. The facilities on the island include extensive dolphin habitats for our resident pod, educational and training areas, a contemporary dietary preparation kitchen, photographic and video laboratory, restroom and changing accommodations, and a gift shop.
Our Dolphin Swims begin with a captivating orientation, briefly enlightening participants on topics such as the biology, natural history, and social structure of the species. Learn about the amazingly complex methods of communication and sonar employed by these remarkable wonders of nature. Discover the secrets of animal training techniques. Become informed about the conservation of this noble species and our greatest natural resource, the world's oceanographic ecosystem.After orientation, it is time to dive in and frolic with these friendly aquatic clowns.
You may just fall head over heels for these charming creatures as you engage in a dolphin kiss. Discover these animals' gentle dispositions as you wrap your arms around one for a dolphin hug. Put some of your newly acquired knowledge to use by directing tricks and acrobatics along with our trainers. Witness the fantastic speed and power of these playful mammals in the grand finale. Experience the strength of the Bottlenose Dolphins as they propel you across the lagoon in the footpush. Feel like the lord of the oceans, Poseidon himself, as you experience this surprising and thrilling maneuver. Glide across the surface while two dolphins push the bottoms of your feet: a once in a lifetime experience.
Our professional trainers focus on allowing everyone to enjoy a high degree of interaction with the dolphins, and at the same time, instruct you about these incredible creatures. Our veteran photographers and videographers will record your encounter on film so that you will have a chance to take home and share your adventure with family and friends.
What is the difference between the "Dolphin Encounter" and "Dolphin Swim" programs?
In the swim you are completely in the water with the dolphins, while in the encounter you interact with the dolphins from a waist-deep platform.
How much do you spend with each dolphin?
For the swim, you are in the water for 20-30 minutes with the dolphins.
How large are the ferries?
The ferries are large double deck catamarans that can carry well over 100 passengers.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sun screen.
Is this tour handicap accessible? No, read below.
We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the "Dolphin Encounter" program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- BLACKOUT DATE 2/14/19 Blue Lagoon is closed on this date.
- Guests ages 6 through 12 must be accompanied by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the swim. Parent or guardian must be at least 18 years of age.
- Guests ages 13 through 17 must be accompanied by an adult (with any paid ticket) to sign the liability waiver. Guest must have the ability to swim to participate.
- Guests age 5 or younger are not allowed in swim program & may observe for free if attended on the dock by a responsible parent or guardian with an observer ticket.
- Guest must have the ability to go up and down ladders to access platform.
- For your safety, pregnant women are not allowed in swim program
- For your safety, guests age 5 or younger are not allowed in the swim program, but can observe, & 3 or younger may observe for free if attended on the dock by a responsible parent or guardian with an observer ticket.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We reserve the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program.
- Cameras are NOT permitted while doing any dolphin or sea lion program. Observers only are permitted to have a camera.