Jeep Safari Tour
- Drive your own 4x4 open top Jeep in a convoy, led by an experienced island guide.
- We travel excellent roads with little traffic as well as off-road through pineforest and along a scenic coastal trail.
- Visit one of two great destinations: Destination 1: Lucayan National Park, where you walk through several ecosystems and see the Lucayan caves and enjoy a light picnic lunch on Gold Rock Beach. Destination 2: Garden of the Groves, where you walk through tropical gardens, stop by an arts & crafts village, and end at a private beach
- Many days, our tour goes to both destinations! (On these days, the lunch is NOT included but can be purchased from a delicious menu with sandwiches, wraps, and local favorites. The tour is also extended by 2 hours to give you enough time at each location!)
- Please call for most up-to-date schedules!
Venture out of Freeport on this exciting jeep safari that will convey adventuresome trailblazers to the most secluded areas of this spectacular tropical paradise. A motorized expedition allows this Freeport tour to take you to range over a greater area to encounter the full flavor of the Bahamas.
Drive your own jeep as you explore the forests and beaches of Grand Bahama Island. On the jeep convoy, our knowledgeable island Freeport tour guides will lead you to the most spectacular scenic, historic and ecological destinations. First, travel off-road through the pine forest to the panoramic Caribbean coastline, where the Casuarinas thrive in the sandy island soil. From your seat in the open-aired jeep, you'll have the ideal view of the unspoiled beauty of the breeze-swept shoreline. The jeep-trail then winds back into the higher elevations of the pineforest. Gaze deep into the belly of the island at the unique inland blue hole. Head back to the beach for a refreshing dip in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Then relax seaside and enjoy traditional Bahamian delicacies including a conch salad, local fruits and pastries, and ice-cold fresh-squeezed lemonade.
Drive over Casuarina Bridge, which spans the Grand Lucayan Waterway, a vital channel to the growth and development of Freeport. Then Sunbathe, take a swim or simply laze about on a hammock as you arrive at a resort-style beach.View the dazzling array of flora and fauna in the diverse ecosystem of this tropical paradise. Trek into the beautiful Lucayan National Park to see mangrove swamps and an underground cave, a portion of on of the longest charted cavern systems in the world.
Our expert guides will offer you insight into the Bahamian back country that few experience. Your last stop is a relaxing respite on Gold Rock Beach, just one of six distinct pristine ecosystems found in the nature preserve.
Freeport tours has all the tours to choose from for your Bahamas vacation.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must is cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Is lunch provided on this tour?
Yes, a light lunch is provided on this tour for the 5-hour one-destination days. On the days we go to both destinations, lunch is NOT provided but can be purchased.
Who is responsible for driving the jeep?
You will drive your own 4X4 open top jeep in a convoy, led by an experienced island guide.
Is hotel pick up included in the cost of the trip?
Yes, hotel pick up is provided at no charge on this trip.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What Am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels, sun screen and form of payment for your remaining balance.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Primary diver must be 25 years old or older, with a valid drivers license
- Cruise ship guest MUST BOOK through the cruise ship
- We always need at least 8 passengers to run these tours
- Tour destinations vary by day; please call for most up-to-date information