Mini SUB Adventure
- No Certification Required
- Unique Self-Contained Mini-Sub
- Explore Coral Reefs Unlike Any Other
- 35 minutes of In-Water Time
- Small Groups
Cruise underneath the surface of the Caribbean on your own personal SUB, a futuristic underwater motor-scooter. This submarine may resemble something out of the latest sci-fi thriller but these fantastic vehicles actually exist.
These self-contained underwater diving vehicles are equipped with a large two-foot transparent dome that keeps your head perfectly dry throughout your voyage around the underwater reefs. Invented in the 1990's by a Florida-based company ( Bell Aqua), the SUBs were featured on the television series "Sea Quest." These sea-horse shaped SUBs offer a safe, convenient method of exploring the vibrant reefs and coral gardens off the shore of the Bahamas.
The reefs are teeming with a diverse array of marine life, including sea turtles, manta rays, mollusks, and a colorful spectrum of tropical fish.Have no experience scuba diving? Never even snorkeled? No problem. Our SUBs are the perfect method to witness the fantastic panoramic views below the surface of the Caribbean.
Our knowledgeable and professional instructors will teach you everything you need to know about operating these user-friendly vehicles. First-time novices and diving veterans alike will enjoy this rare expedition.The bubble is large enough for your head and even your hands. Wear your eyeglasses and adjust them as necessary. Under the dome, you simply breathe normally without the use of snorkel tubes or regulators used in scuba diving. Bring an underwater camera with you and snap photos by holding your camera up to the outside of the dome. Propelled by a small battery operated engine, you maintain full control over your personal SUB.
Full precautions are taken by our expert divers to assure a safe and enjoyable experience. Air stored in a SCUBA cylinder is kept continuously flowing into your dome with a regulator manufactured by ScubaPro, the world's leading manufacturer of underwater life support.
What is a Mini Sub?
A Mini Sub is a self-contained underwater motorcycle with a large two foot clear dome keeping your head perfectly dry throughout your ride around the underwater reefs of Nassau.
Can a non-participant come on the Mini Sub Adventure?
Yes. While the non-particpant will not be able to participate in the Mini Sub Adventure itself they can come along as a rider and enjoy the trip with you.
Is There a restroom on the boat?
Yes. There is a restroom or "Marine Head" for use on the boat.
What about sharks and other sea creatures?
With all the media hype it's understandable why people often ask this question but the truth is that unprovoked shark attacks are very, very rare and attacks on scuba divers are even more rare. Our staff, divers and dive masters are all trained in making sure your dive is safe and enjoyable.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
Important: ALL CARNIVAL CRUISE GUESTS MUST book directly with Carnival. Unfortunately we cannot pick-up or drop off any guests coming from Carnival for this particular activity.
- For all other cruise guests, this tour WILL NOT fit into 8a-5p port times (earlier than 8am arrival is required for the AM tour and later than 6pm ship departure is required for the PM tour due to long transport times to/from the departure location.)
- This tour does not usually operate on Mondays (if you can only go on a Monday, call our offices to check if that Monday happens to be available)
- Children under the age of 18, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Guests must be 5 feet or taller.
- Suggested minimum age is 12 years old, but younger children who are 5 feet tall or taller are welcome to join.
- Must be 4 years or older in order to come along as a rider, each child must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
- Guests who are pregnant cannot participate in the Mini Subs but can come on the boat as a Rider with a Doctor's Consent Form
- Please check with your doctor before going on the Mini Sub Adventure if you currently have or have had any of the following: asthma, lung disease, ear or sinus surgery, stroke, heart attack, chest surgery, pneumothorax (collapsed lung), epilepsy or seizures, diabetes
- Current Black-Out Dates (these dates are NOT available):
- Complimentary pick-up schedules is as follows (Schedules are subject to change and we ask guests to please contact the local office once you arrive in Nassau to reconfirm):
- 7:45AM / 11:45AM - East End / Harbour Club
- 8:00AM / 12:00PM - Paradise Island
- 8:15AM / 12:15PM - Downtown / Cruise Ships
- 8:30AM / 12:30PM - Cable Beach
- 8:40AM / 12:40PM - Orange Hill