The Lost Blue Hole Dive
- Over 40 Years of Experience From Our Dive Masters
- Amazing Blue Hole That Expands Over 200 Feet
- One of Nassau's Most Unique Dives
One of the most fascinating marine sites available to scuba divers in the Bahamas is the famous Bahamas blue holes. On our Lost Blue Hole scuba adventure, we take a small group of adventurous divers out to one of these Bahamas blue holes, located just a few miles from the shores of Nassau. The Lost Blue Hole is a gorgeous and awe-inspiring work of nature that stretches about 100 feet across and goes down to about 200 feet. Scuba divers in Nassau looking for a more unique kind of scuba diving experience should join us for one of these unforgettable excursions.
Blue holes are similar to underwater caves but were created under slightly different circumstances. Most of these deep blue holes come from the ice age and they tend to have characteristics more similar to that of a sinkhole than to that of a cave. Regardless of how these unique natural formations were created, they are fascinating to swim in. From above the surface of the water, the blue holes look just like their namesake, like a massive dark blue hole in the otherwise blue-green ocean. They range in depth and the one we go to is about 200 feet, but we will be diving at about 90 feet. Not all blue holes are home to marine life, but at this one you can expect to see a pretty wide variety of species including sponges, reef fish, pelagic fish, sea turtles, grouper, stingrays, and even shark!
The Lost Blue Hole dive departs out of Nassau three times a week. If you are a certified scuba diver and are wanting to go on a different type of scuba trip, then call us to check the most up to date availability and make your reservation!
What are the requirements to participate in this dive?
This dive requires an open water certification or higher.
Can you pick us up from our cruise ship or hotel?
Complimentary pick up is provided from all hotels.
What are water conditions like?
All dives occur on the south side of the island where waters conditions are great all year round. Visibility remains clear and consistent all year round. Water tempatures change seasonally but average between 72 - 78f.
Can I use/bring my own scuba diving equipment?
Yes. Many people feel more comfortable using equipment they are familiar with and are best suited towards their body type. While we do everything to ensure our divers are using the safest, most reliable gear we do allow our divers to use their own dive gear.
Can my non-diving partner come on the dive?
Yes. While your partner will not be able to participate in the dive itself they can come along as a rider and enjoy the trip with you.
Is There a restroom on the boat?
Yes. There is a restroom or "Marine Head" for use on the boat.
What about sharks and other sea creatures?
With all the media hype it's understandable why people often ask this question but the truth is that unprovoked shark attacks are very, very rare and attacks on scuba divers are even more rare. Our staff, divers and dive masters are all trained in making sure your dive is safe and enjoyable.
Do you have nitrox tanks for this dive?
No, unfortunately for this particular dive we do not have nitrox tanks.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- This dive operates only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
- You must be a certified diver, and have gone diving in the past 3 years, in order to go on this dive
- Cruise ship guests must take a taxi or walk to the dive shop (the taxi ride should be about 5 minutes and walking should take about 15 minutes). Our bus will take you back to the cruise ship after the dive trip
- Scuba diving equipment is available for rent at the shop (prices do not include Value Added Tax and are subject to change):
- BCD $10
- Regulator $10
- Wetsuit $10
- Mask/Fins/Snorkel $10
- Dive Computer $20
- Hotel pick-up schedules is as follows (subject to change so always be sure to call 24 hours before your trip to re-confirm):
- West Hotels (Sandals, Sandyport): 7:30AM & 12:45PM
- Cable Beach Hotels: 7:45AM & 1:00PM
- Downtown Hotels: 7:50AM & 1:00PM
- Paradise Island Hotels: 8:15AM & 1:30PM
- IMPORTANT - Cancellations made between 7 days and 3 days prior to departure date will forfeit 33.5% of the total amount
- Cancellations less than 3 days prior to departure date or no-shows will forfeit 100% of the total amount