Dive with the Dolphins in Freeport
- Go Scuba Diving With Dolphins in Their Natural Habitat
- Explore the Coral Reef Gardens
- Learn Hand Gestures to Communicate With the Dolphins and Make Them Do Tricks
- A Very Unique Dolphin Swim Experience
Experience the only dive in the Bahamas that allows you to scuba dive with trained dolphins. On your next visit to Grand Bahama Island, you will not want to miss an exhilarating personal interaction with these intelligent creatures.
With the spectacular vistas under the surface of the Caribbean serving as a setting, you will frolic with these jovial clowns of the sea. Our trained dolphins will follow the customized dive boat to a pristine location adjacent to a spectacular underwater reef. After brief instruction on the cruise out to the diving location, our professional trainers will tutor you on the utilization of hand signals in communicating with the dolphins.
Once in the water, you can use these gestures to request tricks from these brainy aquatic mammals. Hide an object in the sandy sea floor, and a dolphin will actually retrieve it for you. Hold out your hand and a dolphin will push your palm with its nose to give you an underwater spin. This truly memorable encounter with the dolphins will be the highlight of your vacation to this tropical paradise. Not only is this tour unique in the Bahamas, but a rare opportunity on any vacation.
You'll never forget interacting with the dolphins in their natural undersea habitat. The speed and agility of these creatures will take your breath away. Throughout maritime history, tales of people interacting with these remarkable marine mammals have become the tales of lore. In times of distress, people have been aided by dolphins, who guided swimmers to refuge and sailors to safe harbors. Witness how personable and smart the dolphins really are the next time you visit Freeport Bahamas.
Do you have to be certified in order to participate in this activity?
Yes, you must be a certified diver in order to participate in this activity.
Does this activity offer transportation?
Unfortunately transportation is not provided for this activity.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels, sun screen and form of payment for your remaining balance.
Can my non-diving partner come on the dive?
No, unfortunately only divers may come on this trip.
What about sharks and other sea creatures?
With all the media hype it's understandable why people often ask this question but the truth is that unprovoked shark attacks are very, very rare and attacks on snorkelers are even more rare. Our staff are all trained in making sure your trip is safe and enjoyable.
What equipment is included?
Just the tanks, weights, and belt are included. Equipment pricing is listed below.
What are the prices for equipment rental?
These prices are subject to change
- BCD Regulator: $22
- Mask: $6
- Fin: $6
- Snorkel: $6
- Wetsuit: $12
- Ala Carte Total: $79
- Full Gear Rental: $40
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Divers 12 – 14 years of age must have a participating or attending parent or guardian (observer fee applies for attending parent or guardian),
- All divers are required to present proof of certification in order to participate in scuba diving activities. Please be sure to bring your diver certification card with you to present at check-in.
- You may not be allowed to dive without presenting proof of certification.
- PLEASE NOTE: For reservations for Freeport Unexso Dolphin programs, all cancellations MUST be received 14 days prior to the excursion. Reservations canceled less than 14 days but outside of 7 days, receive a 50% refund. All reservations canceled 7 days prior or less will NOT receive a refund.
- Cruise ship guest MUST BOOK through the cruise ship
- Tour is only available on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- We require a minimum of 4 divers in order to run this tour. This minimum is usually met but in the case that we do not have at least 4 divers, we do have to cancel the dive.