Freeport Dolphin Swim
- Interactive Swim with the Dolphins Where You get to Plunge into the Water to Play and Race With the Playful Mammals
- Swim Between Two of Our Trained Dolphins as Our Professional Photographers Capture Every Moment
- Receive an Educational Briefing From Our Professional Dolphin Trainers
- Small Groups of 12 or Fewer (Only 6 Guests in the Water at One Time)
In the sheltered natural environment of our saltwater lagoon, swim with the smartest, most sociable of aquatic mammals, the Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin. Ferry to our beautiful dolphin habitat, just a 20 minute scenic boat ride from the UNEXSO compound in Port Lucaya. Along the southern coast of Grand Bahama Island, our seaside saltwater habitat covers over nine acres amid pristine salt marshes.
You will never forget this opportunity to engage these playful animals in their own element. Get up close and personal with these adorable charmers as you embrace them in a dolphin hug. You can even steal a kiss from these affectionate scamps. The dolphins' friendly nature is possibly only surpassed by their incredible speed and acrobatic ability.
Our professional training staff will instruct you on how to direct these remarkable maritime athletes to perform amazing tricks and graceful aerobatic feats, including leaps, flips and tail stands. In addition to educating visitors, our instructors make certain that all participants spend some quality time personally interacting with these personable animals.
Visitors will learn about the mysterious lives of these underwater denizens, including their remarkable verbal communication, sonar navigation and hunting, as well as social structure. Learn about dolphin training techniques as well as the vital importance of dolphin conservation efforts and the preservation and recovery of their habitat.
What is the difference between the "Dolphin Encounter" and "Dolphin Swim" programs?
In the swim you are completely in the water with the dolphins, while in the encounter you interact with the dolphins from a waist-deep platform.
How much do you spend with each dolphin?
The program has you in the water with the dolphins for a full 20-25 minutes.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sun screen.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Minimum participant height requirement is 55 inches (4' 7"/140cm/1.4 Meters) without shoes.
- All guests who are under the age of 12 (and at least 55" tall) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian participating in the swim with them. Children ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (they must pay for at least a Close Encounter ticket).
- Pregnant women are not allowed in swim program.
- All participants MUST know how to swim.
- Guests who do not meet these requirements will NOT receive a refund.
- Photography and video packages will be available for purchase after each program.
- PLEASE NOTE: Cancellations for all Freeport Unexso Dolphin programs MUST be received 14 days prior to the excursion. Reservations canceled less than 14 days but outside of 7 days, receive a 50% refund. All reservations canceled 7 days prior or less will NOT receive a refund.
- Cruise ship guests MUST BOOK through the cruise ship.