UNEXSO One Tank Afternoon Dive
- Dive at a Beautiful and Teeming Shallow Reef
- Small Dive Groups
Join us for the afternoon one-tank dive out to one of the many coral reef destinations off the coast of Freeport Bahamas. This one-tank afternoon dive is a quick and easy way to experience one of the world's best diving destination right here in the beautiful islands of the Bahamas! This scuba diving trip is meant for certified divers who have been diving within the past 3 years. They will go to one of the many reef sites off the shores of Grand Bahama Island which range in depth from 25 to about 60 feet of water.
The coral reef gardens of the Bahamas are some of the Caribbean's best scuba diving sites. The waters of the Bahamas remain crystal clear and warm throughout the year, offering ideal water conditions for scuba diving trips. The Bahamas are considered one of the world's scuba diving capitals, and you will soon find out why! We offer a variety of Freeport scuba diving trips including a two-tank morning dive, diving with sharks, and diving with dolphins. But with our one-tank afternoon dive, you get to go on a shorter trip to just one site, allowing you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your afternoon exploring all the great destinations in Freeport Bahamas.
Our shop is conveniently located at the heart of the Port Lucaya Marina and we do require advanced reservations.
What are the requirements to participate in this dive?
This dive requires an open water certification or higher.
Can you pick us up from our cruise ship or hotel?
Transportation is not included with this activity.
What are water conditions like?
All dives occur on the south side of the island where waters conditions are great all year round. Visibility remains clear and consistent all year round. Water tempatures change seasonally but average between 72 - 78f.
Can I use/bring my own scuba diving equipment?
Yes. Many people feel more comfortable using equipment they are familiar with and are best suited towards their body type. While we do everything to ensure our divers are using the safest, most reliable gear we do allow our divers to use their own dive gear.
Can my non-diving partner come on the dive?
No, unfortunately only divers may come on this trip.
Is There a restroom on the boat?
Yes. There is a restroom or "Marine Head" for use on the boat.
What about sharks and other sea creatures?
With all the media hype it's understandable why people often ask this question but the truth is that unprovoked shark attacks are very, very rare and attacks on scuba divers are even more rare. Our staff, divers and dive masters are all trained in making sure your dive is safe and enjoyable.
What is included with the diving?
All of the dives include tanks, weights and weight belts
What Equipment Can I Rent?
Available for rent are Masks / Fins / Snorkels, BC's, Regulators. Wetsuits, Computers and Digital Cameras.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- All divers will be required to present proof of certification in order to participate in scuba diving activities. Please be sure to bring your diver certification card with you to present at check-in
- You will not be allowed to dive without presenting proof of certification
- PLEASE NOTE: Cancellations for the Freeport Unexso scuba diving programs MUST be received 14 days prior to the excursion. Reservations canceled less than 14 days but outside of 7 days, receive a 50% refund. All reservations canceled 7 days prior or less will NOT receive a refund
- Cruise ship guest MUST BOOK through the cruise ship
- Scuba diving gear is not included with price. Divers are welcome to bring their own gear or rent it from our shop. Prices listed below (do not include Value Added Tax and are subject to change):
- BCD Regulator: $22
- Mask: $6
- Fin: $6
- Snorkel: $6
- Wetsuit: $12
- Ala Carte Total: $79
- Full Gear Rental: $40